Take a Giant Step
Side B of Colgems single 1001, released August 16, 1966. The A side featured the later number one hit "Last Train to Clarksville."
July 9, 1966
|| Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart
|Lead vocals courtesy of
|| Micky Dolenz
|| Some unusual instruments for a pop song were used including an oboe and a glockenspiel.
Home|The Monkees|Last Train to Clarksville|Papa Gene's Blues
- This was used in the first episode to air, "Royal Flush." An alternate mix was used 8 episodes later in "The Chaparone."
- Micky comes off as someone who sincerely cares about "you." Nice hook, too. I love the drums part in the break and at the fade.
- Misheard lyrics:
- "This time, you felt like me again."
- It's time that you felt like you did then. (I'm glad I decided to do this, I've heard that wrong forever!)
- Micky's awfully persistent, isn't he . . . and how would he know that "you" stay in your lonely room, just staring back in silent gloom?
- Written by:
- Carole King and Gerry Goffin